2.19.2009

names....

This post was prompted by an email I got from a friend with the name that her and her hubby had picked out for their little bundle of joy who is due in a few weeks. Here's the kicker.....I totally didn't like it. It's not anything Matt and I would ever use, but it's pretty perfect for them. I love how that works!

It got me thinking about some of the names that Matt and I have picked out. Now, we obviously have no babies to name as of right now, but it sure doesn't stop us from talking (mostly disagreeing) and dreaming about what we will name our precious ones someday.

I tend to like interesting names that aren't all that common, and Matt tends to be more of a traditionalist most of the time in this area. I tend to like names that would work for either a boy or a girl, and he's adamant that his daughter or son should never be mistaken for the other. :)

So what's in a name? How does it always seem to happen that most people's names fit them perfectly? I'm not sure how or why, but I love the fact that it happens.

So without further adu, here are some of the names that Matt and I really like.... Titus, Eli, and Grayson. (Seems like we can only agree on boys names.....)

So what are some of the names that you either have named your children (or pets) or plan to name future loved ones?

4 comments:

Trina said...

I have a girl and a boy and we named them Rayna and Xander. I love different names :)

BTW, I am here via One Frugal Chick. I saw (peacock) by your name and was curious since I am slightly obsessed with anything peacock related lol

Sarah said...

Hey! I see that Trina found you through my blog :)

How have you been?
So, have you gotten into couponing, etc at all? I'm addicted to it. This 1st trimester was rough, but I'm getting back into grocery shopping/couponing now.

Hope things are well with you'all! I'm gonna add you to my blog list so I can keep up with you!

Paula said...

Matt and I argue about this point too...in truth I think he doesn't care but he liked the name Gregory...what is that??? No.

I like the weird, lesser known names especially for girls and more "manly" names for boys. Levi, Abram, Sam, and Ladd..ask me about that sometime.

Girls...ask me later! I can't reveal my secrets :)

Anonymous said...

I like "different" names because Brook and I both have orginal names. However, with as difficult as our names are, I'm tempted to name our children 1 letter names. I think I'll start with A, B, C, D...and so on. Easier to keep up with them that way :)