12.23.2008

Merry Christmas blog world!

The Christmas season is here....finally! I wait all year for this month. I wait for the lights, the suprises, the gifts, the parties, the fellowship, the incredible Christmas songs, the family.....I just absolutely love it!

This year it has been easier for me to focus on the true reason for the season than it has in the past. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or if it's just where my heart is this season, but for whatever reason I'm thankful for the change.

I fear that Jesus and his birth get lost in the chaos of this season, and the message that the world needs to hear the most never gets delivered. Unfortunately it happens year round, but focusing on His birth and a holiday dedicated specifically to it, is such a gigantic opportunity. We have a fantastic opportunity to give an explanation of our actions, our lives, and the Savior that we choose to worship and why. I pray that Matt and I do a good job of that this year. After all....souls are at stake!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

Matt, Ali, and Bear

No comments: