4.13.2009

Go with the flow???

So lately in the Bolz household most things have centered around this question. Should we try to plan or just go with the flow???

It seems like at this point in our lives everything is so up in the air, and trying to sort all of it out and figure out what would be the best often seems near impossible. Things like houses, babies, jobs, ministry decisions, and even small things like vehicles and golf carts. It just totally seems never ending right now.

It's so interesting to talk to people about being a planner or not. I tend toward the planning end of the spectrum, which is often a dangerous thing. I have stuff all planned out, and of course things change and the Lord has a different plan for us! I work to be better at trusting and being patient, it definitely does not come easy for me. Matt is definitely better at it, and doesn't tend to get impatient.

I often think about the fact that if I'm constantly planning for the future, I'm going to miss the amazing things that the Lord is doing right now....today.

So, how does it work in your or your family's life? Plan or go with the flow?

2 comments:

Life in the Unexpected Lane said...

Well prior to Little G's arrival we were planners.. OKay I was a planner and Rustin just kinda went along with my plans lol! But now I try and plan but it's not as detailed or as precise and everything still works out, so I'm getting used to going with the flow.

Anonymous said...

I'm a planner (shocking!) and my hubby is very much a go with the flow kinda guy. Which creates a great middle lane for our marriage. He helps me stay calm and take things as they come, and I help him know when it's time to wash his socks and go to the dentist. Works out great. However, I don't think we can plan ANYTHING because it's all in HIS timing. Praying for you guys...excited to see where God leads.